Stray Stray

its ok

Miyolophone responds:

how do you block people on newgrounds again

first flight. first flight.

chords r dumb

johnfn responds:

TICK TOCK IM A SOCK

Happy Birthday BlueOceans! Happy Birthday BlueOceans!

wow this ngadm round sure is pumping out some cool trax

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Yeah! I hope this is good enough to beat the competition >:D

Sharing a Drink with the Midnight Sun Sharing a Drink with the Midnight Sun

have my babies

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Oh yes please!

That Feeling (When I'm With You) That Feeling (When I'm With You)

This is such an awesome 80s-vibe synthpop song! Dude, your work has consistently amazed me throughout the NGADM, and this is definitely no exception. The chorus is catchy, the song is well-composed, well-arranged, and well-produced. I mean, those claps in the chorus? Crazy good!

Maybe the one thing I would say about the track is that imo the lyrics could use a bit more phonetic development (although this is definitely a very nitpicky thing haha). For example, in the choruses, you've got a really catchy two-note motif for "feeling", "feeling", "feel it", and "heat wave". And once you've set up the pattern with two "feeling"s and a "feel it", it'd be cool if the third iteration of the motif was either "feeling" again or something that sounds similar ("heat wave" is different in both the vowel sounds and consonant sounds—maybe something like "healing", "feed it", etc. Not that these words would fit content-wise, but just as examples in terms of pure phonetics.)

But tbh this is the kind of thing that I tend to care about a lot more than other people, and all in all, it's another really great, really FinnMK song. Good luck in the compo! :D :D

FinnMK responds:

Thanks for your kind words! Neat advice about the phonetics. I've never even considered that sort of thing before. I'll have to keep it in mind for the future.

My Firefly My Firefly

johnfn singing when

johnfn responds:

I HAVE MELODYNE ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME (heh that almost rhymes)

Osman - "Power! Rushing Burstman!" (NGADM) Osman - "Power! Rushing Burstman!" (NGADM)

Man, with that level of alliteration, you could probably rewrite the entire Series of Unfortunate Events haha

I love the massive amount of flavor in this track! The way you made descriptions for each of the different levels in the track not only enhanced the listening experience, but also shows how much detail was put into the making of the track itself :P :P

Also have you ever used breakbeats before? I've listened to some of your stuff and have been really impressed by it, but I've never heard anything quite like this, and I'm again impressed at how well you use the different musical elements!

pls pls pls make this game a reality and write the soundtrack. I really wanna play it! And good luck in the NGADM!! :)

RetromanOMG responds:

Hey there! When I started out, seven years ago, Breakbeat and Breakcore were actually my primary production styles. I'm a bit self-conscious about how my older songs sound, but if you'd like an example of how I was doing Breakbeat in 2010, I'd recommend listening to "The Fire Behemoth."

(Not sure if links even work in comments, but eh)

It's been a very long time since I've done a song like this, but it was so much fun to take this genre that I used to love and inject everything I'd learned over the years into it.

I don't know any game devs, but I think I'm going to work on building an EP off of the song ideas I've established with this track, because believe me, there's a full song in my head for every unique part of this track.

Gladiolus Gladiolus

fun facc gladiolus was the winning word in the first ever scripps national spelling bee

etherealwinds responds:

words were so much easier in spelling bees in 1925

chihuahua was the winning word from 1967 can you believe it

g o o d t h i n g g o o d t h i n g

これは素晴らしいことです!

midimachine responds:

これは良いこと!

Catchy little beat! Catchy little beat!

the big question is did @cheesemonkeybill ever pm u the link :O :O